Saturday, January 15, 2011

                                                                                        Jan. 15th, 2011
    Hello my dear family and friends! I am creating this blog to help inform and keep in contact with all of you! The idea is to share my experiences (well, a brief overview) and educate a little bit about South Africa and South African culture. I will begin my travel on Feb. 2nd, 2011 and return June 26th, 2011. Although what classes I am taking and who I am living with is still unknown, I am thrilled to start the adventure. I will be living in Port Elizabeth (PE). PE is the 5th largest city in South Africa and is often called the "Friendly City." Also, PE is known for being a major motor industry for South Africa. This is reassuring in the promise of civilization and modern accommodations. I will be studying at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University which was recently founded in 2005 and is the "largest higher education institution in the Eastern and Southern Cape areas." Actually, there are about 20,000 students, so I will have lots of opportunities to make friends! I hope this blog is insightful and that you follow along with my journey, any input/advice/suggestions is fantastic!
                                                              Yours truly,
                                                                        Becca

4 comments:

  1. Becca Boo! I'm so excited to hear about your trip :) I'm going to be praying for you the whole time you're gone. Love you, Babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are doing this blog, Becca...Can't wait to hear all about it. Just make sure you don't have so much fun that you forget to keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Megan and Bill, love both of you! Can't wait to keep you updated! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard your visa came today --- YES! Have a great adventure! Love you, Becca!

    ReplyDelete