Monday, February 28, 2011

Yesterday, was an adventure exploring the animail kingdom! We (a group of 20 new friends) went to Seabay Lion Park located about half an hours drive away from PE. Once there we drove back to the lions passing by giraffes, antalope, peacocks, water buffalo, and all sorts of other animails. Upon seeing arriving we walked around the lion and tiger cages. The animals are there because they were injured or taken in after being in the circus and have much more room to roam than in a zoo. We watch the lions being fed which wasn't as climatic as I anticipated because they simply took the meat and there was not much confrontation or aggression amoungst the lions for the meal. After that we walked to the baby lions and were permitted to go in the cage and pet them! They were adorable but sleepy because lions sleep about 19 hours a day. Crossing over a shaky wooden walkway we were able to see crocidles, leopards, wild hogs, and more lions. It was what I imagine to be an animal lovers paradise, and I found it to be interesting!

South Africa continues to be a unique and educational experience in both practical and educational ways. Coleen claims my cooking has improved and we enjoy cooking together while listening to Shaggy and dancing!! :)  Everyday I am introduced to new people and with that completly new personalities allowing me the opportunity to gain experience in working with diversity in every possible aspect. Just a few days ago I met a man who was 23 and had never talked to a girl with blue eyes before he was from Zimbabwe and amazed that eyes could be so light coloured.

I will be updating you with more informative things in South Africa soon but I hope everything continues to go so well back home, please build a snowman for me and I will be sure to swim in the ocean for you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment